Results Of The WSET® Level 3 Wine Course Examinations Are Graded As Follows:
- Aggregate mark of 80% and above with no individual examination paper below 65% Pass with Distinction
- Aggregate mark of between 65% and 79% Pass with Merit
- Aggregate mark of between 55% and 64% Pass
- Aggregate mark of between 45% and 54% Fail
- Aggregate mark of 44% and below Fail unclassified
Nota: Regarding the Pass with Distinction accolade for Level 3 and Level 2 ; please note that it can only be obtained at the first sitting of the exam. This means that you can sit the exam multiple time to rectify a fail -or- increase your overall level if so desired, but the highest accolade you will get on your certificate will be: Pass with Merit.
Results Of The WSET® Level 2 Intermediate Course In Wines & Spirits And Level 2 Intermediate Course In Spirits Examinations Are Graded As Follows:
- Mark of 85% and above Pass with Distinction
- Mark of between 70% and 84% Pass with Merit
- Mark of between 55% and 69% Pass
- Mark of between 45% and 54% Fail
- Mark of 44% and below Fail unclassified
Results Of The WSET® Level 1 Foundation Course Examinations Are Graded As Follows:
- A total mark of 70% is required to achieve a pass.
Of note: we were the first to offer the WSET Level 3 in Québec back in 2103 and the first Pass with Distinction Certificate was awarded at our school on the 7th of June 2013: